Blepharoplasty, for Rejeuvenation or Improved Vision
Your Manhattan ophthalmologists at Eye Care on 5th (25 5th Ave., #1A) want you to have the best possible experience in terms of eye health and overall vitality. Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, improves the condition of either upper or lower eyelids, or both. It rejuvenates the area surrounding the eyes, resulting in a younger and more rested appearance.
Conditions Commonly Treated with Blepharoplasty
- Upper eyelid surgery removes excess of fatty deposits that build up puffiness in the upper eyelids.
- Lower eyelid surgery removes fine wrinkles and some excess skin of the lower eyelid.
- Eyelid lift surgery helps to treat loose/sagging skin that has built folds on the upper eyelids or is disturbing the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision.
- Blepharoplasty successfully corrects the appearance of “bags” under the eyes.
- Lower eyelid surgery corrects droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris (colored portion of the eye).
A personal choice, with the backing of a professional team:
Blepharoplasty could be appropriate for you if you are an adult with healthy facial tissue and muscles and
if you have realistic goals for improvement of the upper/lower eyelids and/or surrounding area:
- healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for blepharoplasty
- individuals without serious eye conditions
Please tell your doctor if you have or might have these medical conditions:
- Glaucoma, dry eye or a detached retina
- Thyroid disorders such as Graves’ disease and under/overactive thyroid
- High blood pressure, cardiovascular disease or other circulatory disorders
Your health and vitality are our top priorities. Your Eye Care on 5th doctors We will take every step to ensure your best results, while never risking your eye health.
Ask us about Blepharoplasty by calling (917) 639 – 3459.