Comprehensive Eye Exam – An Eye Health Mainstay
At Eye Care on 5th the first essential step to your eye healthcare is a comprehensive eye examination .Regular and thorough eye exams are the foundation of good eye health, especially because some vision problems and eye illnesses may have no obvious symptoms. Early diagnosis and immediate treatment are imperative for maintaining good vision and eye health, and whenever possible, for preventing or correcting vision loss. Taking personal interest in your vision and eye health, and tailoring each exam to your specific needs, at Eye Care on 5th we put the “I” in Eye Care.
After your first exam at our 5th Avenue office (25 Fifth Ave., #1A, NYC), you can rest assured that we will follow up to ensure that your preventative eye care routine is maintained with regular and thorough eye exams. We are open for extended hours on weekdays, and appointments can be made any time by calling (917) 639-3459 or using our online contact form.
Your Comprehensive Eye Exam, Step-by-Step
A comprehensive eye and vision examination at Eye Care on 5th may include, but is not limited to, the following tests:
- Evaluation of your distance and near vision using an eye chart.
- Medical evaluation for nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
- Near vision test to evaluate the presence of presbyopia and diagnose the possible need for progressive lenses or bifocals.
- An eye pressure test and examination of the optic nerve to check for the presence of glaucoma.
- Thorough examination of the interior of your eyes to exclude other eye problems, i.e. cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Evaluation of your eyes’ ability to function together as a team.
- Personalized review of your individual and family health history including any history of eye problems.
Other tests that may be included: Vision Field Test, Color Blindness Test , retinal photos or/and any other specialized tests that the doctor deems appropriate to ensure that you receive thorough and compassionate attention for any and all eye health concerns.
At Eye Care on 5th, your tests will always include standard preventative eye care screenings. In addition, we will perform any applicable tests needed to address your individual symptoms and concerns. Each and every patient receives a personalized evaluation, each and every time. Get started on better eye health by scheduling your exam now. Call us at (917) 639 - 3459.